Skip to main content
PBS logo

Discussion Forums - Questions about PaperBackSwap Questions about PaperBackSwap

Topic: How do I send a book to a PBS friend?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
  Unlock Forum posting with Annual Membership.
caffeinegirl avatar
Standard Member medal
Subject: How do I send a book to a PBS friend?
Date Posted: 6/18/2023 5:07 PM ET

Someone requested a book from me, and I was not aware of the new shorter mailing deadlines (which I hate btw), so their order was cancelled before I mailed it. They ordered it again from me, and the PBS site went down the day I tried to mail it, and again on the last day I would have been allowed to mail it (after removing the postage from my account, however). Rather than making them order it a third time, I would like to just send it to them for no credits. I added them as a friend, and they accepted. Now I can't figure out how to send a book to a friend. I do not have thier address because PBS literally went down while it was generating my shipping label, and when it came back up the next day, the order was automatically cancelled. Can anyone point me to how to send a book to a PBS friend? Thanks!

Last Edited on: 6/18/23 5:11 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
lionrose avatar
Standard Member medalFriend of PBS-Silver medal
Date Posted: 6/18/2023 8:31 PM ET

Go the book information page and there is a button - it's either a separate button or in the drop down menu where you can select & do other tasks, like book edits. Choose 'mail to a friend', but you will still need to get their address to type into the mailing fields. It will come up with the mailing page where you select the label type and postage/weight options and can print the label just like a regular transaction except without a credit. You might want to check your computer downloads archive because the original label with their address may be there. If it's a WL book be sure to check it's the same person because when the order cancelled it would have dropped off your shelf and if someone else posted in the meantime, they would have been offered that one and may have another order in process.